Albany Electrician
Service You Can Trust Call Mel for all your electrical needs!

Electric Service Upgrades

  • Electrical Service Upgrades Albany NY | Latham | Delmar | Guilderland | Clifton ParkDo you still have fuses in your home?
  • Does your circuit breaker panelbox look like a scary mess of wires?
  • Do you have a Federal Pacific circuit breaker panelbox?

If you have any reason that you feel that your electrical service needs to be replaced, we would love to give you a written, up-front quote and options for replacement.

Replacing your electrical service is the best choice you can make to update your electrical system where it enters your home. This includes installation of a new Square D QO brand circuit breaker panelbox and circuit breakers – the best in the business. We will replace your existing service wiring on the outside of the home, install a new meter enclosure for your electric meter, and make sure that your grounding system is up-to-date and functioning properly.

In most instances, on an overhead service your power company owns the electrical wires coming from the power pole overhead to your home. You only own the wiring and equipment from where the overhead wires attach to your home, down into the meter and into the electrical panelbox(es).

In most instances, on an underground service you own the underground wires from the transformer or “pad” all the way to your home. If you have any trouble with wiring you own, your power company will refer you to an electrician. We would be happy, and are fully qualified, to assist you in any of your service-related needs.

We specialize in the installation of new electrical services, and offer discounted pricing for having an entire electrical service replaced. Call (518) 500-3042 to begin your upgrade today! 

See What Our Customers Are Saying!

  • “My experience was excellent. You are my electrician from now on!”

    Caryl Newhof
  • “Next time I need electrical work done, Mel Carr is my first call, no brainer.”

    Eric Papandrea
  • “He is a top-notch electrician and can be relied on.”

    Ed Koury
Need Electrical Work Done in Your Home? Get an Experienced and Licensed Contractor From
Mel Carr Electric to Help You Today.
Let's Get Started